Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Ugh!
You know what really grinds my gears? How much the media focuses on the marital and dating status of women like Jennifer Aniston. Like this article, calling her a spinster?! Why does it matter? A woman's marital status should not be her defining characteristic, and yet, that's all that the media reports on. I can't wait for when they don't even bother with this nonsense and all they worry about is her career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

:) I think the media cares about dating status in general. Currently the Twilight cast is at the very top of this list, I believe, and RP has it the worst.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised when I read she said she can "deal with the pink elephant in the room". Seriously? Being single is a pink elephant now? That's crazy!
Agreed.
ReplyDeleteWell, I should clarify. I think her age has a lot to do with it. They seem preoccupied with the fact that she might be 'lonely' when they don't speculate about single men her age.
ReplyDeleteSo true. Can't they find anything more interesting to talk about, like maybe focus more on what her upcoming project might be instead??
ReplyDelete